From 1951 to 1981, several expansion projects increased the size of the hospital to 41,000 square feet. The hospital offered an intensive care unit, emergency department, laboratory, radiology, nuclear medicine, physical therapy, dietary services, housekeeping, and purchasing and maintenance. By 1981, there were 62 beds. A feasibility study recommended a 72,000-square-foot hospital was needed to handle the healthcare needs of the community through 1990. Another expansion began.